With over 14 years experience working with licensed products I eat, sleep and breath licensing. It’s one of my greatest passions and always on my mind when working with new brands. Thinking outside the box to link beautiful designs with best in class manufacturers gives me a huge sense of satisfaction – mostly because I get to create products I want for myself.
What is Product Licensing?
- Product licensing is whereby you agree to sharing your designs or logo with a manufacturer to allow them reproduce your work onto their products.
- You maintain the design copywrite but give the manufacturer permission to license the designs from you for a set period of time, production quantity, set distribution etc..
- Examples of licensed products include: Home furnishings (Fabric, Wallpaper, lamp shades, Ceramics), Food & Drink, Paper Products (Cards, Wrap, Stationery, Calendars, Jigsaws) etc…
How it works?
- A manufacturer agrees to pay you a royalty or commission fee for the use of your logo or designs onto products that they manufacture.
- The design is only allowed to go to production once you have seen and signed off pre-production samples. This enables you to check the quality of print, materials and design execution so no nasty surprises when you get the final product back.
- You have control over the terms of the contract which can include the period, quantity, where they are allowed to sell the product etc…
What are the benefits?
- Enables you to build awareness of you and your designs.
- Additional revenue through royalties.
- Helps you to build up your product portfolio.
How can I help?
- By taking the time to gain an understanding of your style and goals to ensure I am in tune with where you want to see your designs. As well as taking into consideration product categories you want to explore I also present opportunities that you might not have considered.
- I act on your behalf as your licensing agent to source and secure deals with appropriate manufacturers.
- Always on the lookout for new product ideas and opportunities, so you won’t just see your work on the most popular licensed product categories. I hunt out innovative ideas that work uniquely with your style.
- I have a passion for working with companies that create products that are best in class for their category. Working with manufacturers that use sustainable and ethical manufacturing methods is important to me. Where possible they will also be local and use locally sourced materials to help reduce unnecessary air miles and help sustain our economy.
- Create a bespoke personal presentation that showcases your story, work, style, exposure, how your designs could be applied to product and help highlight the potential opportunity to the manufacturer.
- Negotiation on your behalf to secure a fair deal with a licensing contract that protects you and your work.
- By managing the process from end to end, I save you time and stress as I act with your best interests in mind. This enables you to focus on what you love best!
- Once a licensing deal is agreed I ensure maximum exposure of your new product range with my in house press office service.
For more information about the artists I represent please check out my Licensing page.